Associated model number: KEP2
- With new installations, it is recommended that the keyless entry be programmed before mounting to wall, otherwise proceed to step B.
- Unit can be programmed with the garage door in either up or down position.
- Press the transmitter program button on the garage door opener to switch the opener to the transmitter learn mode. The idrive and idrive torsion opener will remain in the learn mode for 30 seconds. The DoorMaster opener will remain in the learn mode for 15 seconds. The Quantum / Classic opener will remain in the learn mode for 60 seconds.
- Push the ON/RESET button of the keyless entry. Keypad will light indicating the unit has been activated and is waiting for commands (illumination may be not be visible in sunlight).
- Press the desired four digit PIN number, the hold the “0” key until door moves. (example 1-2-3-4-0). Release “0” key. Programming is now complete.
NOTE: If, at any time, an error was made in entering the codes, simply press the ON/RESET button and repeat the above procedures.
Note: One KEP2 Keyless entry can be programmed to open multiple garage door openers. To program fro additional openers, repeat steps A thru E above except input a different four digit PIN number for each additional opener.
How Your Keyless Entry Operates Your Opener:
The following explains how your keyless entry can be used to OPEN, CLOSE, START, and STOP your door.
- Activate your keypad by pressing the ON/RESET button; keypad will illuminate.
- Enter your 4-digit PIN (personal identification number); door will begin to move.
NOTE: If you inadvertently enter an incorrect code, the door will not move. Reset with the ON/RESET button and re-enter your PIN number.
3. Unit remains active for next 15 sec. Pressing any key, except the ON/RESET, will stop the door if opening, or reverse the door if closing.
Under normal operating conditions, the battery should be changed once every 12 months. Dispose of used batteries properly. To Replace battery perform the following steps:
A. Raise Keyless entry Cover to expose battery door.
B. Snap open door with a coin and remove old battery.
C. Replace battery (12 volt) with positive terminal to right and snap close battery door.